Spring Asparagus Salad
Prep: 30 minutes
Asparagus is a great souce of vitamins K, E, B1 and B6 as well as fiber and folate. It's a nutritional powerhouse!
Reprinted with permission from Earth Fare. View more great recipes at earthfare.com/recipe.
For the vinaigrette:
5 tablespoons olive oil
3 – 4 tablespoons lemon juice (or the juice of one lemon)
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
¼ roasted garlic bulb
Salt and pepper to taste
For the salad:
2 cans chickpeas, rinsed, drained and patted dry
2-3 tablespoons avocado oil
2 lbs. asparagus
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Cut the top off the garlic bulb, drizzle with avocado oil and wrap in tinfoil.
- Place the rinsed, drained and dried chickpeas on a sheet pan, drizzle with avocado oil, and sprinkle with salt. Slice one of the lemons and place in a single layer between your chickpeas on the sheet pan. Put your chickpeas and garlic in the oven and cook for 20 to 30 minutes, shaking halfway through. Roast your garlic for about 40 minutes.
- Add the vinaigrette ingredients to a blender and process for about 15 to 30 seconds or until well blended. Taste and lightly salt and pepper as needed.
- Rinse your asparagus and snap off the bottom tough part of the stem. Using your vegetable peeler, peel all the asparagus.
- Place asparagus, and chickpeas on serving plate or in a bowl, top with chickpeas and drizzle with vinaigrette. Serve with roasted lemon slices.