Roasted Lemony Cabbage
Prep: 5 minutes
Have you ever tried to roast cabbage? Well, you should because it is delicious and super simple.
Cabbage is also a great source of vitamins K, C, B1 and B6; potassium; folate; manganese and lots of good for you dietary fiber.
1 medium head of cabbage
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Salt and pepper
- Cut cabbage into eight wedges, removing core.
- Whisk together olive oil and lemon juice.
- Place each wedge in a roasting pan with cut side up.
- Brush each wedge with olive oil/lemon juice mixture.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Roast cabbage in a 450 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Turn cabbage wedges so that cut side is facing down.
- Return cabbage wedges to oven for an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until the cabbage is nicely browned and tender.
- Serve warm.