Kale and Red Potato Sauté
Prep: 10 minutes
This easy and delicious recipe makes the perfect side, but it is hearty enough for a simple plant-based meal.
Plus, it is a great way to satisfy those carb cravings with something healthy, but starchy.
Kale, the star of this dish, is packed with potassium, vitamin C and B6, which all benefit heart, bone and digestive health. Try it today!
6 cups coarsely chopped kale (about 1 pound)
3 cups cubed red potato (about 1 pound)
1 cup water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Combine first four ingredients in a skillet; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium and cook 10 minutes.
- Uncover; cook over high heat until water evaporates.
- Spoon kale mixture into a bowl, set aside and keep warm.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add pepper and garlic.
- Saute 3 minutes.
- Spoon over vegetables; toss.
- Note: Substitute collard greens for kale, if desired.