Grilled Shrimp, Avocado and Mango Salad
Prep: 25 minutes
Evenings are getting warmer, and the sun is setting later. Why not fire up the grill and have a relaxed dinner outdoors on the patio?
Sound like a good idea? Great! We have just the recipe to get you started.
A grilled shrimp, avocado and mango salad from Carilion's Dining and Nutrition Services team.
Shrimp is high in potassium and magnesium, avocados offer lots of vitamins C and B-6, and mangoes are packed with antioxidants, potassium, and vitamins A and C.
Not a bad way to start your weekend!
1 lime, zest and squeezed
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 large mangoes, peeled and pitted
2 avocados, pitted and diced
1/3 cup green onion, sliced thin
1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
1lb. large raw peeled and deveined shrimp
Salt and fresh ground pepper
- Slice mangoes into long thin strips.
- Place mangoes, avocado, onion, olive oil and lime zest in a bowl.
- Do not toss or stir yet.
- Set grill to highest setting.
- Grill the shrimp 3-4 minutes until pink.
- Place the shrimp in the bowl with the other ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss gently.
- Top with cilantro before serving.