Grilled Peaches and Goat Cheese Salad
Prep: 10 minutes
It's peach season, and the perfect time for grilling. What could be better than a salad starring grilled peaches topped with a honey-vinegar glaze?
When paired with arugula and tangy, crumbled goat cheese, the peaches create a delicious appetizer or side salad.
The dish is also low-calorie and nutritious--chock full of fiber and antioxidants.
Per serving: 120 calories, 5 g total fat (1.5 g saturated fat), 20 g carbohydrates, 3 g protein, 2 g fiber, 40 mg sodium.
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons honey
3 medium peaches, pitted and cut into 6 wedges
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
10 cups arugula, loosely packed
4 tablespoons goat cheese
- Prepare grill to high heat.
- Spray grill rack with cooking spray and set aside.
- In small saucepan over medium-high heat, bring vinegar to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until vinegar is reduced to 2 tablespoons (about 2 minutes).
- Remove from heat and stir in honey.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Place peach wedges on grill rack.
- Grill 30 seconds on each side or until grill marks appear but peaches are still firm.
- Remove from grill and set aside.
- In large bowl, combine oil, salt and pepper.
- Add arugula, tossing gently to coat.
- Arrange arugula mixture on platter.
- Top with peach wedges, balsamic syrup and cheese.