Grilled Balsamic Vegetables
Prep: 10 minutes
Does the warmer weather have you in the mood for grilling? Try this recipe for a healthy, easy, flavorful side dish.
Made with a variety of bell peppers, squash and mushrooms, you can easily substitute with any seasonal produce. Try it with a marinade of olive oil and balsamic reduction to add a light sweetness.
Fun fact: Using olive oil will enhance your body's ability to absorb the fat-soluble vitamins from the vegetables.
3 medium bell peppers, chopped (red, yellow or orange)
2 medium zucchini, thickly sliced
1 medium cauliflower head, cut into small florets
1 container baby bella mushrooms (about 8 ounces)
2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup balsamic vinegar, reduced (or 1/4 cup pre-made balsamic reduction)
2 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Place chopped vegetables and mushrooms in large mixing bowl.
- Toss with olive oil and salt and pepper to coat evenly.
- Add vegetables to a grill basket and grill over medium heat for 15 minutes, or until vegetables are fork tender. You can also spread vegetables evenly over 1-2 baking sheets and roast for 20 minutes at 400 degrees F, stirring after 10 minutes.
- While vegetables are cooking, bring balsamic vinegar to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Reduce heat to medium/low and let the vinegar simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. The reduction is done when the vinegar has thickened enough to lightly coat the spoon.
- Let the balsamic glaze cool at room temperature or in the refrigerator; it will continue to thicken as it cools.
- To serve, drizzle glaze over roasted vegetables and garnish with chopped fresh basil.