Green Beans With Herb Dressing
Prep: 5 minutes
Green beans are a delicious spring staple that can liven up even the simplest meal with their crisp and tender flavor. High in fiber, green beans are also rich in vitamins A, C, K, B6, folic acid and minerals such as calcium, iron, potassium and manganese.
And don't worry about going for seconds (or even thirds) of this dish. Fresh green beans are very low in calories and contain no saturated fat.
Per serving: 83 calories, 6.1 g fat, 1.6 g protein, 2.8 g fiber
6 green onions, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/3 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon white sugar
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon fresh or dried basil
1/4 teaspoon fresh or dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon fresh or dried marjoram
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed and snapped
- In a medium bowl, mix green onions, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, white sugar, mustard, basil, oregano, marjoram and pepper.
- Place green beans in a steaming basket.
- Steam in a medium saucepan over boiling water 5 minutes, or to desired tenderness.
- Place green beans in a medium serving dish.
- Pour dressing mixture over the beans.