Greek Potato Salad
Prep: 30 minutes
A picnic is a great outside activity as summer winds down. And what says picnic more than potato salad?
This healthy version includes Greek yogurt and organic ingredients like sundried tomatoes, capers and dill.
Capers are pickled flower buds that bring a briny burst of flavor to this dish.
Tip: Leave skins on potatoes for full nutritional value.
Reprinted with permission from Earth Fare. View more great recipes at earthfare.com/recipe.
2 pounds red potatoes, diced into 1 inch pieces
3/4 cup Greek yogurt
¼ cup mayonnaise
½ cup finely chopped red onion
¼ cup organic capers
4-5 organic sundried tomatoes, sliced
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ cup fresh dill, chopped
- Add the diced potatoes to a pot and cover with water. Add a generous pinch or two of salt and bring the water to boil.
- Reduce heat slightly and boil uncovered until potatoes are tender, 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat and drain.
- While the potatoes are still hot, add them to a large bowl with the finely diced red onion, and ¼ teaspoon of salt. Mix gently.
- Allow the potatoes to cool, and then add the remaining ingredients.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.