Fresh Blueberry Bread
Prep: 20 minutes
50- 60 minutes
Blueberries are a great source of antioxidants, which help protect you against inflammation, heart disease and cancer. They're also delicious and low calorie!
Try this blueberry bread for breakfast or a snack, or bring it to your next potluck. You can even double the batch and freeze a loaf for later.
1 cup white sugar
1 cup milk
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Mix together beaten eggs with the sugar.
- Add milk and melted shortening or vegetable oil.
- Sift together flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Combine mixtures, stirring only until blended.
- Carefully fold in fresh blueberries and broken walnut pieces.
- Pour into greased 5 x 12 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.
- Cool in pan but try to turn it out of pan before it is totally cool, it will be easier to remove.
- Can also be made in a normal size loaf pan or can be made into two pans.