Cool Zucchini Slaw
Prep: 8 minutes
If you planted a summer garden this year and decided to include a few zucchini plants, you might be faced with a particular problem right about now. Too many zucchinis!
It is a good problem to have, but if you can't bear the idea of making another batch of zucchini bread, we have a great solution for you. Try our cool zucchini slaw.
This crunchy dish is great as a side or throw it on your BBQ sandwich for a perfect summer dinner. It is easy to make and only take 30 minutes to prepare.
1 1/2 pounds zucchini, (3 medium), grated
1 medium sweet onion, such as Vidalia or Walla Walla, very thinly sliced
1 1/2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
1 small red bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup cider vinegar
3 tablespoons frozen apple juice concentrate (check for gluten)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place zucchini and onion in a colander set over a bowl.
- Add salt and toss to coat.
- Let drain at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Rinse vegetables and squeeze to remove as much moisture as possible.
- Transfer vegetables to a medium bowl.
- Add bell pepper, vinegar, apple juice concentrate and basil; toss well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.