Broccoli Rice Skillet With Chicken
Prep: 10 minutes
This recipe takes your quest to eat healthy to a whole new level. Forget regular rice. Forget even cauliflower rice.
This recipe from our friends at Earth Fare and blogger Claudia Laffin uses broccoli rice.
Yes, broccoli rice!
Plus, it is a quick and easy one-skillet meal, so bring on the phytonutrients and an easy clean up.
1 onion, diced
3 tbls butter
1 12oz frozen bag of Earth Fare Broccoli Rice
¼ cup chicken broth
2 cups cooked shredded chicken
1 14 oz can quartered artichoke hearts
1 12 oz jar roasted bell pepper strips
1-2 cups shredded mozzarella, depending on preference
salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, melt butter and stir in diced onion. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in broccoli rice, and add chicken broth. Bring to a boil, simmer and cook for 5 minutes covered.
- Rinse and drain your artichokes and roasted peppers, and stir into the pan along with the cooked chicken.
- Top with shredded mozzarella and cover for an additional 5 minutes.
- When heated through, stir in salt and pepper to taste and serve.