Back-to-School Maple Walnut Granola
Prep: 10 minutes
Your kids are back in school, and time in the morning is precious. What could be quicker than serving them homemade granola?
This one's also a healthy choice. The oats have minerals, vitamins and fiber, and the walnuts contain lots of antioxidants.
You can also pack kid-size servings as a nourishing snack.
Per Serving: 260 calories, 15 g total fat (1 g saturated fat), 27 g carbohydrate, 6 g protein, 3 g dietary fiber, 30 mg sodium.
Nonstick cooking spray
3 cups old fashioned oats
1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
1/4 cup chopped English walnuts
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup canola oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Lightly coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine oats, flour, walnuts, cinnamon and salt.
- In separate bowl whisk together maple syrup, oil and vanilla.
- Add to oat mixture, stirring well to coat.
- On large baking sheet, evenly spread mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Remove tray from oven and stir granola, breaking up any lumps.
- Return to oven and bake an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow granola to cool completely.
- Store in airtight container.