Back-to-School Banana Muffins
Prep: 15 minutes
Mornings before school can be hectic as you try to get everyone ready to head out the door on time, but we have something that might help make life a little bit easier. Make a batch of these delicious banana muffins this weekend and you will be set for a quick and easy breakfast all week long.
They can even be eaten in the car on the way to school if you need to save some time (and you don't mind a few crumbs). #Momforthewin!
Serving size - 1/2 cup
Nutrition per serving: 200 calories, 4g protein, 3g fiber
10 Tbsp. canola oil
2 cups flour (half white, half whole wheat)
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 large)
3/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. sugar
1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
1 tsp. baking soda
2 large eggs
3/4 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Puree the first five ingredients in the blender.
- Whisk together all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour in the liquids and stir until the dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Fill paper-lined muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake at 375 for 15-18 minutes.