Baby Spinach & Balsamic Onion Salad
Prep: 5 minutes
Summer has only just started and it feels like we are already deep into those dog days of the season. The kind of days where you just want to keep things light, cool and easy.
We get it and we have the perfect recipe for you from Carilion's Dining and Nutrition team. Our baby spinach and balsamic onion salad.
Keep it simple or add some avocado, chickpeas or grilled chicken to beef it up a bit. Either way, this salad is good and good for you.
Spinach is an easily accessible superfood that is often referred to as one of the world's healthiest foods. It is packed vitamins A, C, K, B1, B2 and B6, as well as manganese, folate, magnesium and iron. Like we said, superfood!
Take a bite and enjoy your summer!
4 cups baby spinach (washed and dried)
1 small red onion (sliced into thin rings)
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a small bowl add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic salt and black pepper.
- Add onions and toss well to coat.
- Cover and let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Place baby spinach in a large bowl.
- Add the onions with balsamic mixture and toss.
- Top with crumbled feta cheese and serve immediately.