Almond Pumpkin Pancakes With Berries
Prep: 15 minutes
These are a great way to use pumpkin puree around Thanksgiving time, but are also delicious any time of year!
And if you find yourself looking for more ways to use your pumpkin, we have a few suggestions on how to incorporate it into other breakfast items, as well as lunch, dinner, snacks and dessert.
1 1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 cup oat flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
15 oz canned pumpkin
1/2 cup almond milk
3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and cooled
3 large eggs
1 tablespoon maple syrup, plus more for serving
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups mixed berries
- Place the flours, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Place the pumpkin puree, almond milk, coconut oil, eggs, maple syrup and vanilla in a separate medium bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 200°F and place a baking sheet fitted with a wire rack on the middle rack. This will be to keep the finished cakes warm.
- Heat a heavy cast iron skillet or non-stick pan over medium-low heat. Lightly oil the surface of the skillet with some coconut oil.
- Ladle the batter into the heated pan in 1/4 cup portions. Cook until set around the edges, about 3 to 4 minutes. Flip and cook until the bottoms are golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer the pancakes to the oven to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining batter. Serve immediately with the berries and maple syrup.