Almond-Crusted Baked Chicken Tenders
Prep: 15 minutes
Winter is winding down, but we still have chilly days and nights ahead of us. These almond-crusted chicken tenders are a tasty antidote to any winter malaise.
They are also a healthy version of fried chicken—the nuts contain fiber, antioxidants and good-for-you unsaturated fats.
Your kids will say, "More, please!"
Serve with your favorite dipping sauce, or pair the chicken with this creamy yogurt-based dip.
Per Serving: 220 calories, 10 g total fat (1.5 g saturated fat), 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g dietary fiber, 28 g protein, 430 mg sodium.
1-1/4 cup almonds
2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. smoked paprika
1 tsp. dried mustard
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. dried thyme
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
2 eggs, beaten
2 lbs. thinly sliced chicken breast halves (cut in half) or chicken tenders
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pulse almonds in a food processor until finely ground into an almond meal.
- Mix the almond meal together with garlic, paprika, dried mustard, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Dredge each piece of chicken in egg and coat with almond spice mixture.
- Place pieces on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden.