Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Tetrazzini
Warm up a rainy weekend with this hearty dish from Earth Fare and food blogger Claudia Laffin that features broccoli, a low-calorie vegetable that is a good source of lots of different vitamins and minerals. Choose whole-wheat noodles for extra fiber and B vitamins.
This recipe can easily be halved to serve fewer people, or freeze some of it to use another time!
Reprinted with permission from Earth Fare. View more great recipes at earthfare.com/recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook your spaghetti according to the package directions.
- In a large, deep skillet, sauté the onion in butter until soft. Stir in the flour until well blended.
- Whisk in chicken broth until smooth, about 2 minutes, then slowly whisk in the milk.
- Bring it to a boil, and cook until thickened, stirring occasionally, for about 5 – 10 minutes. Stir in the chicken, bacon, salt and pepper.
- Stir in your drained cooked spaghetti, parmesan cheese and broccoli florets. You want it nice and creamy, so add more milk if needed.
- Grease a 13 x 9 inch baking dish, or 2 smaller ones to fit all ingredients. Pour mixture into baking dish(s) and top with shredded fontina cheese.
- Cover and bake 25–30 minutes. Broil for the last 5 minutes to get the top nice and crispy brown, if you want.