Roasted Acorn Squash
If you have never tried roasted acorn squash, then it is time to step out of your cooking comfort zone and go for it. Not quite as meaty as butternut squash, acorn squash is tender, delicate and has a slightly sweet and earthy flavor that pairs perfectly with the simple ingredients in this recipe.
Delicious and nutritious too, acorn squash has no cholesterol and is low in fat, but it is packed with vitamins C and A, niacin, folate, thiamine and vitamin B-6. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice squash in half and scoop out all of the seeds.
- Put squash pieces, skin sides down, on a lightly oiled rimmed baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake squashes until tender when pierced with a fork, about 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and brush each slice with butter.
- Keep warm until serving.