Baked Veggie Egg Scramble
Prep: 15 minutes
Are you looking for a breakfast that contains real, natural ingredients, is low in calories and does not have any sugar or carbs? Grab yourself some eggs and try out this tasty recipe from Carilion Clinic's Dining and Nutrition Services team.
They don't call it the incredible, edible egg for nothing. One egg contains 6 grams of protein and is only 70 calories. Plus, best of all, eggs do not contain any sugar or carbs. And don't worry, the yolks are actually good for you! The yolks contain choline, which promotes normal cell activity, liver function and the transportation of nutrients throughout the body.
Special thanks to Darla Mehrkens, Jake Peabody, Destiny Chambers and Brendan Wilmer of Carilion's Dining and Nutrition Services team for putting together this delicious recipe.
6 spears asparagus
12 grape tomatoes
1/4 cup roasted red peppers
1/4 cup low-sodium shredded cheese
2 teaspoons herb de provence
Red pepper flakes
- Soft scramble eggs.
- Slice and sauté asparagus until tender.
- Slice and roast grape tomatoes with olive oil. Add salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to taste.
- Add all ingredients in a bowl except tomatoes, mix well.
- Layer egg mixture in a baking dish, top with roasted tomatoes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.