Tailgating Recipe: Corn & Black Bean Salad
Prep: 15 minutes
With football season in full swing, freshen up your tailgate with this healthy corn and black bean salad and cilantro dressing recipe, provided by a Carilion Clinic registered dietitian.
1 16-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
4 ears corn
1 each red and yellow bell pepper, diced
5 green onions, finely minced
1 small red onion, peeled and finely diced
2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1.3 cup balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp. lime juice
2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely minced
2 tsp. ground cumin
2 tbsp. olive oil
1.2 cup chopped cilantro
Salt and pepper to taste
- Drop the corn in boiling water for 3-4 minutes.
- Plunge into ice water; then when cool, slice off teh kernels.
- Combine with the black beans.
- Add the red and yellow bell pepper, green onions and red onion.
- Mix well.
- With machine running, drizzle in olive oil.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Add the chopped cilantro and process for five seconds.
- Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients as needed.