Often called “beach muscles,” working out the arms can easily become a favorite pastime for body builders and weekend warriors alike. However, having strong arms is about more than looking good.
The muscles in your arms are essential for pushing, pressing, pulling and even shaking someone’s hand. Check out some of my favorite exercises to target and strengthen all the muscles in your arms.
1. Alternating bicep curls - two sets of 10 reps
2. Dips or bench dips – three sets of 10 reps
3. Barbell curls – three sets of 10 reps
4. Triceps pushdowns – two sets of 10 reps
5. Hammer curls – two sets of 10 reps
Perform this workout one to two times per week.
Before performing any exercise consult your physician for clearance. Stop exercising immediately if you feel lightheaded, dizzy or have chest pains.