We are back with part two of our summer workout routine for you. This week's workout will challenge you, tone your entire body and increase your cardiovascular fitness, plus you will feel great after you complete it (sweaty, but great!).
Get on your workout clothes on and check it out.
1. Squats: 3 sets of 10 with a 60 second rest between each set
2. Push-ups: 3 sets of max reps with a 60 second rest between each set
3. Weighted forward lunges: 3 sets of 10 with a 45 second rest between each set (choose a weight that is manageable for you, but challenges you on the last few reps)
4. Lat pull downs or seated rows: 3 sets of 10 with a 60 second rest between each set
5. Burpees: 3 sets of 10 with a 60 second rest between each set
1. 10-15 minutes of jogging
2. 20 minutes of cycling
3. 10-15 minutes of swimming
Wednesday: Strength and Cardio
1. Military press: 3 sets of 8 with a 45 to 60 second rest between each set
2. Front plank: hold for 1 minute.
3. Chest Press: 3 sets of 8 with a 45 to 60 second rest between each set
4. Elliptical or cycle: 1 Tabata round (alternate 20 seconds hard and 10 seconds easy for 4 minutes)
5. Bicep curls: 3 sets of 8 with a 45 to 60 second rest between each set
6. Elliptical or cycle: 1 Tabata round
7. Side planks: hold 30 seconds each side, 3 sets.
8. Elliptical or cycle: 1 Tabata round
Repeat Tuesday's mini-triathlon workout.
Repeat Monday's strength workout.
Saturday and Sunday: Active Recovery Days
Get outside and have some fun.
And just in case you missed it, take a look at our other weekly workout. Switch between the two for some variety and we will have you ready for the beach in no time.
Find your strength at Carilion Wellness!
Consult your physician for clearance before performing any exercise. Stop exercising immediately if you feel lightheaded, dizzy or have chest pains.