The ways our skin changes throughout our lives can be influenced by sun exposure and preventive care as well as factors we can’t control, like skin disorders and heredity.
Skin imperfections that develop as we age include freckles and sunspots, acne scars, wrinkles, more visible blood vessels, cellulite and other textural and tone changes.
Today’s skin rejuvenation options can treat all of them, for men and women of every age.
According to master aesthetician Suzi Bryant of the Carilion Clinic Cosmetic Center, skin rejuvenation procedures are non-invasive and tend to result in little if any short-term surface discomfort.
As with any procedure, the most important aspect of aesthetic procedures is education. Your skin is unique, and your personal goals are key to choosing which treatments are right for you.
- Chemical peels to remove the uppermost layer of skin, thereby reducing fine lines and minimizing scars and sun damage
- Dermaplaning to exfoliate and remove peach-fuzz
- Facials using various compounds designed to deeply clean, tone and moisturize skin
- Laser and IPL (intense pulse light) treatments for hair reduction and skin resurfacing
- Laser and IPL treatments for vascular and pigmented lesion removal
- Microdermabrasion, which, like chemical peels, removes the uppermost layer of skin to expose skin with a more even tone and texture
“One of our most popular skin rejuvenation options is the “Three For Me” laser treatment,” said Suzi. “It addresses three common skin concerns—wrinkles, sun damage and facial veins—in two, dual-laser procedures that take about an hour each with limited to moderate downtime.”
If you want to learn more about our skin rejuvenation services, visit CarilionCosmetic.com or call 540-853-0510. Our team can help you find the best option for you and your skin’s unique needs.