Carilion Clinic's Karen McNew spoke with Robert L. Trestman, Ph.D., M.D., chair of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine, about common questions people have at this extraordinary time, and new questions and challenges people may face as time goes on.
Watch the full video here, or skip to questions that interest you the most:
- Challenges for people in recovery and facing addictions of all kinds: 0:30
- Facing and understanding new mental health challenges: 4:45
- Redefining self-care when we can't do what we've done before: 7:42
- Mental health strategies to use at home: 12:24
- Using social media and the internet differently: 13:08
- Finding a new sense of purpose: 15:56
- New mental health challenges as time goes on: 19:10
Carilion Clinic's Community Health and Outreach team offers virtual meetings for people in recovery, as well as a dedicated phone number for anyone struggling with mental health challenges or isolation at this time:
9 a.m. – 9 p.m. daily
COVID-19 Community Hotline
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m - 5 p.m.
Do not call the Community Hotline to make appointments, or to request testing or test results. For information about COVID-19 and your personal health, talk with your primary care provider.