Children who need specialty medical care often have to travel long distances to see their Carilion Children's care team, and then travel among Carilion facilities to get X-rays, pick up prescriptions, have a session with a physical, occupational or speech therapist, and see their doctors.
At the new Carilion Children's Tanglewood Center, all of those specialties, services and amenities will be under one roof. Opening October 2021, the fully accessible Tanglewood Center will bring Carilion Children’s outpatient practices together to better serve our young patients and their families.
Join Christopher Pierce, M.D., chief of general pediatrics, for a guided tour in the video above!
Together with the Pediatric Medicine practice formerly located at Jefferson Plaza, these specialties and services will be available at Carilion Children’s Tanglewood Center:
- Adolescent Medicine
- Certified Child Life Specialist
- Full-service lab
- Imaging services
- Pediatric Behavioral Health
- Pediatric Cardiology
- Pediatric Child Development
- Pediatric and Adult Dentistry
- Pediatric Endocrinology
- Pediatric and Adult ENT and Audiology
- Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Pediatric Genetics
- Pediatric Neurology
- Pediatric Neurosurgery (satellite location)
- Pediatric Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (satellite location)
- Pediatric Pulmonology
- Pediatric Surgery
- Pediatric Therapies
Pediatric Medicine will offer after-hours care and sick-visit appointments at the Tanglewood Center.
Pediatric Therapies will still be offered at Carilion Roanoke Community Hospital, and our Adolescent Medicine team will continue to see patients at Patrick Henry and William Fleming high schools.
And remember: It's not Tanglewood Mall anymore!
Scroll down to see first- and second-floor maps of the new Carilion Children's Tanglewood Center, and find the new main entrance and entrances for your child's specialist here:
- The main entrance to the new Carilion Children’s Tanglewood Center (entrance #1 on the first-floor map below) is on the north side of the mall building near Barnes & Noble.
- Pediatric Therapies will use entrance #2 on the map, while pediatric and adult Audiology patients should use entrance #3 (formerly the back of the mall) and take the elevator to the second floor.
- Enter the mall to access pediatric and adult ENT (entrance #5) and Adolescent Medicine (entrance #4); those practrices are only accessible from inside the mall.
- Everyone else should park by the new front doors (facing 220 S.) and come in the new main entrance.
There is no access to the main Carilion Children's Center from inside the mall.
Still have questions about where to go for your children's appointments? Contact their care teams or call Carilion Children's at 540-769-0976 (toll-free 833-769-0976).