While coronavirus continues to dominate the headlines, some of Carilion Clinic’s recent media mentions looked to the future and recognized past actions. We've listed just a few highlights below.
- Nancy Howell Agee, president and CEO, was appointed to the new governor's Medical Advisory Team. She will advise Gov. Youngkin on how Virginia handles the COVID-19 pandemic and related issues in the months ahead.
- Gov. Youngkin visited Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital to recognize our health care professionals and sign an executive order to help hospitals and other health care facilities combat COVID-19. "I wanted to come to Carilion because they are doing an extraordinary job about serving patients," he said. "We have to recognize that the health care professionals who have been giving everything they’ve got for two years in this pandemic are starting to get worn out."
- Carilion Rockbridge Community Hospital earned Energy Star certification from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- Carilion Clinic Family Medicine – Giles was recognized as a Top Performing Rural Health Clinic by the Lilypad Awards team for "outstanding operational and efficiency performance."
- The Roanoke City Council named our partner Cheri Hartman, Ph.D., 2021's Citizen of the Year. Among other community-focused initiatives, she manages Carilion's Office-Based Opioid Treatment (OBOT) program. Watch her acceptance speech from Roanoke Valley TV on YouTube.
And Carilion joined with other regional health systems to create a series of joint public service announcements featuring voices from the front lines of the COVID-19 crisis. Watch and share the first in the series below.
Follow Carilion Clinic on social media to stay on top of emerging trends, research and recommendations from a source you can trust.