In the past few months, Carilion Clinic's medical and administrative leaders have been called on more than ever to share their knowledge with local, regional and national media outlets.
We have listed a few recent interviews below. Follow Carilion Clinic on social media to stay on top of emerging research, new treatments and enhanced safety measures throughout our facilities.
- Anthony Baffoe-Bonnie, M.D., medical director of Infection Control and Prevention, was interviewed by The Roanoke Times about COVID-19 infections in young, healthy people.
- Amy Butler, M.D., Family Medicine, was interviewed by the Galax Gazette about staying safe during the pandemic.
- Jim Casey, M.D., OB/Gyn, was featured in a Roanoke Outside Q&A about living and working in the Roanoke region.
- Padma Chitnavis, M.D., Dermatology, was interviewed by WSLS about acne caused by wearing masks.
- Kimberly Dunsmore, M.D., chair of Pediatrics, was interviewed by WFXR about tips for students who will be wearing masks when they return to school.
- Paul Haskins, M.D., Emergency Medicine, was interviewed by Fierce Healthcare for an article about load balancing patients and staffing.
- Brittany Hayes, D.O., Family Medicine - Rocky Mount, was interviewed by The Franklin Post about community spread of COVID-19.
- Roger Hofford, M.D., medical director for Community Care, was interviewed by Sermo (an affiliated organization with the AMA) about vaccine safety.
- Stephen Morgan, M.D., chief medical information officer, was interviewed by the Journal of AHIMA about our use of the Rothman Index to predictively identify at-risk patients.
- Trevor Owen, M.D., Orthopaedic Surgery, was interviewed by WFXR about performing surgeries that were delayed due to the pandemic.
- Chris Pierce, M.D., section chief of Pediatric Medicine, was interviewed by WFXR about keeping children active during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Randall Rhea, M.D., Family Medicine, was interviewed by WSLS about the safety precautions underway as patients come in for in-person appointments.
- Robert Trestman, Ph.D., M.D., chair of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health, and Chris Pierce, M.D., Section Chief of Pediatric Medicine, were interviewed by WFXR about talking to children about coronavirus.
- Eric Williams, M.D., Cardiology, was interviewed by WDBJ about patients delaying care because of the COVID-19 pandemic.