Tailgating Recipe: Buffalo Chicken Dip
Prep: 25 minutes
Football season is in full swing and your tailgate may need something new to spice it up! Try a lighter version of this fan favorite: buffalo chicken hot wing dip from Don Mankie, a registered dietitian with Carilion Clinic.
Type "recipe" into the keyword search to find other healthy recipes from Carilion Clinic.
Two 10-oz. cans chunk white chidken breast in water, drained
One 8-oz. tub fat-free cream cheese, softened
1.2 cup hot pepper sauce
1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup fat-free ranch dressing
1.4 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cream cheese in a medium bowl and stir until smooth.
- Mix in hot sauce, mozzarella cheese, ranch dressing and yogurt.
- Stir in chicken until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon mixture evenlly into a deep 8-inch by 8-inch baking dish.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until mixture is heated through.
- Stir well and enjoy!
- Note: Consider using carrot sticks, red bell pepper slices or baked tortilla chips to dip. It could also be used as a yummy sandwich spread.