Tailgating Recipe: Brownies
Prep: 30 minutes
If you're looking for a way to sweeten up your next tailgate, this brownie waistline friendly recipe may be the answer. Thanks to Don Mankie, a registered dietitian with Carilion Clinic for providing this recipe. Besides tailgates, it could also be great for the holiday season.
1/2 cup reduced calorie butter
1 3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs plus 4 egg whites
1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
2 tbsp. vanilla
1 cup dark cocoa
1 cup flour mix
1 tsp. baking powder
- Cream together butter, sugar, eggs, sour cream and vanilla.
- Stir in the cocoa and blend until smooth.
- Stir in remainin gdry ingredients and blend well.
- Pour into a greased 9"x13" pan
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-22 minutes.
- Cool well before cutting.