Sheet Pan Mediterranean Chicken
Prep: 10 minutes
You had me at one pan...
This easy and delicious recipe from our friends at Earth Fare and food blogger, Claudia Laffin, features richly spiced chicken, savory garlic and artichoke hearts, tangy olives and sweet caramelized lemons.
Serve with a side of quinoa and a leafy green salad for the perfect weekday meal.
Reprinted with permission from Earth Fare. View more great recipes at earthfare.com/recipe.
8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
2 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1 can drained, quartered artichoke hearts
5.5 oz jar green olives
2-3 whole garlic heads
½ pint cherry tomatoes
2-3 tablespoons cooking oil
2-3 tablespoons parsley, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Rinse and trim chicken thighs. Pat dry and set aside.
- Combine the paprika, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin and salt in a small bowl and mix. Evenly distribute the spice mix on both sides of chicken thighs and place them on a sheet pan.
- Cut the tops off garlic heads and peel away the outer skin and place on the sheet pan.
- Slice one lemon into ¼ inch slices (you should get about 5-6 slices depending on the size of your lemons) and add them to the sheet pan along with drained artichokes. Drizzle the whole pan with oil, making sure to get plenty on the garlic and chicken.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Take the sheet pan out of the oven and add tomatoes, olives and another drizzle of oil, and return to the oven for another 15 minutes.
- Rinse and dry the parsley, coarsely chop and sprinkle over the sheet pan when it is done.
- When serving chicken, squeeze out the pulp from the garlic cloves and serve alongside the tomatoes, artichokes and olives. Slice remaining lemon in wedges and squeeze over chicken.